• Zero waste to landfill: our QUALITY STREET factory in Halifax, UK – along with 6 other Nestlé UK factories – has been verified by BM TRADA as sending zero waste to landfill.
• A more sustainable milk supply chain: we have worked with First Milk and their dairy farmers - who provide much of the milk that is used to make our chocolate - to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 5.7% since 2011, equivalent to 5,517 tonnes of carbon.
• 100% sustainably sourced palm oil: By September 2013, 100% of our palm oil was Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) certified (this includes RSPO segregated and GreenPalm Certificates.
• Improved biodiversity: at Nestlé we have planted butterfly meadows at our Fawdon, York, Buxton, Girvan and Tutbury sites in the UK.
• A more sustainable distribution network: Nestlé was the winner of the 2011 IGD Efficient Consumer Response Award for Sustainable Distribution for the successful alternative fuel trial on some of our distribution lorries, saving the equivalent of 25.4 tonnes of CO2 emissions.
All of the above improvements have been independently verified by Bureau Veritas as part of the 2012 Nestlé UK Creating Shared Value report. To learn more, click here