• Zero waste to landfill: our KIT KAT factory in York – along with 6 other Nestlé UK factories – has been verified by Bureau Veritas as sending zero waste to landfill.
• A more sustainable milk supply chain: we have worked with First Milk and their dairy farmers - who provide much of the milk used to make our chocolate - to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 5.7% since 2011, equivalent to 5,517 tonnes of carbon.
• 100% sustainably sourced palm oil: palm oil is an essential ingredient of many of our products – including KIT KAT. In the UK, we have already achieved our 2015 target to purchase 100% of our palm oil from sustainable sources.
• Improved biodiversity: we have planted butterfly meadows at our Fawdon, Buxton, Girvan and Tutbury sites in the UK.
• A more sustainable distribution network: we were the winner of the 2011 IGD Efficient Consumer Response Award for Sustainable Distribution for the successful alternative fuel trial on some of our distribution lorries, saving the equivalent of 25.4 tonnes of CO2 emissions.
All of the above improvements have been independently verified by Bureau Veritas as part of the 2012 Nestlé UK Creating Shared Value report. To learn more, click here